Tuesday, January 26, 2010

near future

Here's the list of shows I hope to attend. All dates in the DFW and Austin area. My attendance will depend on where I am that day & whether I manage to acquire a ticket. As of this post I have not bought tickets for anything.

1/27--The Fiery Furnaces @ Lounge on Elm Street (Dallas)
1/28--The Fiery Furnaces @ The Parish Room (Austin)
2/3--The Residents @ Granada (Dallas)
2/14--Screaming Females @ Emo's Indoor Stage (Austin)
2/15--Screaming Females @ The Cavern (Dallas)
2/24--Henry Rollins @ Lakewood Theater (Dallas)
2/26--P.O.S. w/Dessa & Astronautalis @ Red 7 (Austin)
2/27--P.O.S. w/Dessa & Astronautalis @ Hailey's (Denton)
3/2--Scout Niblett @ Mohawk (Austin)
3/3--Scout Niblett @ City Tavern (Dallas)
3/13--The Flaming Lips @ NX35 Conferette (Denton)
3/20--Fucked Up @ Red 7 Patio (Austin)
3/27--Alkaline Trio w/Cursive @ Palladium Ballroom (Dallas)
3/28--Alkaline Trio w/Cursive @ Emo's (Austin)
4/30--Cheech & Chong @ Bass Performance Hall (Ft. Worth)

Coachella 2010 is NOT on my list of shows to attend right now. I've gone the past 3 years and loved it, but this year's line-up just doesn't impress me. I managed to find 11 bands I'd definitely watch, and of those I've seen 5 before. The rest of those I figure will either tour or else I'll just have to keep waiting. Sunday's line-up looks the best of the 3 days, but since they're not selling 1-day tickets ahead of time I can't definitively say I'll be there. If they open up 1-day tickets ahead of the show I may be flying out for Sunday, but I'm not going to make plans to fly out to California without a ticket in hand & hope that I can get one that day. Especially when my ability to AFFORD the trip is also in question. I'm not very happy about it, and if my situation was different I'd probably say to hell with it & go for the whole weekend. But as it stands it's just not the best idea.

Still job-hunting in Austin, trying to find something to get me there as soon as possible even if it's not necessarily what I want to be doing there. Until then, I'm stuck here in Dallas for the most part. This also factors in to all of the above, naturally. Once I get a new job who knows what I'll get for time off, or even if I'll get any at all, etc. etc. & of course etc.

And as of yesterday my MySpace has officially been given its death sentence. Should be gone soon if it isn't already.

OK, off to dinner now.

2 comments: