Tuesday, January 12, 2010

neither shotgun blast nor baby steps

in recent months, i've grown tired of the social networking options available to me. as myspace continues to bleed out, i'm losing sight of why i joined to begin with. at this point i have more music artists as "friends" than i have actual friends on there, & since i don't need to be ON myspace to access the music profiles i've decided it's time to move on. those who still desire to be in contact with me can do so here, and those who don't, well, that's cool. good luck & good-bye to them.

this is my new home, and i'm just beginning to settle in.

thus, i'm also abandoning my twitter account. it was fun for a while, but i feel like most of my posts fall on deaf ears. (hopefully here i won't be wasting anyone's time.) with it, the Song of the Day as it's existed for the past few years also perishes. i will certainly incorporate music into this blog as time goes on, and of course i will talk about it thoroughly, but the SotD has begun to feel like a chore. i won't miss it.

the biggest thing missing from the networking sites, i've found, is the interaction. so i'll state right now that if you're reading my blogs i ENCOURAGE YOU TO RESPOND. give me comments, ask me questions, link me to the things you'd like me to be a part of, and so on. don't just read this and rush off to the next thing, whatever/wherever it may be. those wishing their thoughts to be seen only by me can send them via email. if you need an address for me, just ask.

that's all for now. i need sleep.

stay tuned...

1 comment: