Wednesday, February 17, 2010

forward motion is good

A job offer has come my way & I have accepted it.

Next month I begin work as a grader of this state's student assessment tests, specifically the composition section. I will be doing so on a full-time basis for about 2 months. After that there is a possibility of earning a more permanent place among them, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Good thing #1: I finally get to use the degree I worked so hard to earn. Good thing #2: regardless of how long I work there, it should improve my resume & lead to bigger, better jobs in the future. Good thing #3: a weight is lifted off of my shoulders, and off V's shoulders too. Good thing #4: it means I didn't turn in my notice to vacate my apartment on March 2nd for nothing.

Yes, on March 2 I will finally leave my DFW homeland for Austin. This gives me less than 2 weeks to pack my stuff, make some necessary arrangements, & get rid of whatever I can get rid of. As soon as I finish this blog I will be looking into my options as far as moving & storage go.

I'll be moving into V's apartment, which will save us money. We won't stay at her current place for too long, as we'll need more room soon. Plus, it isn't the best of apartments heh. Moving in with her requires me to store the majority of my belongings for the next few to several months, so I'm trying to figure out where to store them and whether I should go with a controlled-climate environment. Anyone with good suggestions on storage & moving company options should comment or send me a message.

I'm also hoping that the weather will be nice enough one weekend soon to have a yard sale at my parents' house. Preferably a weekend BEFORE I move, but if not I guess I could always come back and do it once the weather stops freaking out. I don't know why all of a sudden Texas has decided to embrace winter full-on, but I wish we could've voted against it ahead of time. If you'd like to know what I have to get rid of, ask & I shall do my best to let you know.

So yeah, I have lots to do but I'm excited to finally be on my way. Every week it gets harder for me to leave Austin behind; now I won't have to.

1 comment:

  1. I know I've said it before, but I am just so gosh darned excited for the two of you! What wonderful news that you have been offered a job that will enable you to move down there to be with her.

    Hopefully this relocation will mean getting to meet your lovely lady & getting to see you again soon. Austin is right in the area of my typical cross-Texas ventures!

    Much love to you both!
    ~P~

    ReplyDelete