Wednesday, March 3, 2010

let the unpacking begin

Well it took a couple days, but I have now moved the bulk of my possessions & myself to Austin. I said my farewells to DFW for now, though of course I'll return periodically to visit.

I'll miss my DFW friends, but that won't stop me from making new ones here. V & I need more people to hang out with in Austin, so we'll be putting all new acquaintances through rigorous testing to determine their worthiness of being our new friends. I pity those who fail...

So anyway, I'm happy to be here finally. I've said for years that I wanted to live in Austin, I just needed a good reason to move here. And the time I've spent in this city over the course of V & my relationship has deepened my appreciation for the city & all it has to offer. There's nowhere else I'd rather be than here with her.

Now to get these boxes emptied so I can start enjoying myself properly. Hopefully it'll all get done in time for me to have a few days to relax before work starts next week. That's my goal for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment