Friday, April 15, 2011

where does the time go?

Has it really been over 2 months since I last posted on here? Doesn't seem right to me. Ah well...I suppose I've neglected to post because there's not much I've had to talk about. I could go on & on about the little one, but she's fully covered over here both by words & pictures so it seems a little unnecessary.

I can say that we no longer go out to eat with her, aside from Top Notch where we can all sit in the car and eat (similar to Sonic's set up, except the food is worth eating). We got tired of E throwing fits in restaurants, so we've agreed to avoid that situation until she learns how to behave better. She does just fine whenever we take her shopping, so it seems like she gets annoyed at having to sit in more or less the same place for however long it takes us to eat. Now that she's getting more mobile (regular crawling started this week), it's probably even better that we have the majority of our meals at home.

Anyway, aside from taking care of her I've spent my hours reading, watching movies, spending time with V when she's not working on her thesis (which is still ongoing), and creating lists on Listal. I haven't been to the theatre since Big Trouble in Little China, which was awesome (as was Maniac), and the only concert I've been to was the free one V & I went to during SXSW. We saw Trail of Dead and !!! play together, and it was great to be out of the house & at a show even if only for a couple hours. E has been keeping us from going out too much due to separation anxiety. When we leave her home with someone watching her she seems to spend most of the time throwing fits because we're not there. It sucks, but I know it won't last forever...looking forward to the day when we can start going out without her again.

Record Store Day is this Saturday, and I'm hoping we can get out for that one way or another. I know Waterloo Records is having the Toadies perform, which would be cool to see but isn't necessary. I've seen them more times than I can count, and the last time I saw them was on my birthday a couple years ago & they played all my favorite songs that night so I haven't wanted to see them since. If all 3 of us go, we'll probably need to plan it so we can miss any live music. I definitely have a few things I'd like to purchase, so that's my main priority.

Next month the 3 of us are flying to Spain for about a week! We've booked the flight and V & I have already received our passports. We ran into a slight snag with E's passport, but have got things in motion to get it completed. If they process hers as quickly as ours we should have it back around May 1st I think. It'll be all 3 of our first time out of the U.S. and we're extremely excited about it. I've only wanted to go to Europe for as long as I can remember, so I'm eagerly anticipating this first trip. We'll be staying with her sister Allie & her family while we're there, which will be awesome. We haven't seen Allie since E was born, and the rest of her family we last saw about a year before that. I'm not that concerned with the specifics of what we'll do there, as I'll be content just to check everything out. If we get to hit another country while we're there that'd be awesome too, but we'll have to see how things work out.

The only other news I have really is that my sister found out today she's having a boy. I told her she gets to have the boy that she wished she was when she was a child. She laughed but then thought maybe that wasn't so funny. Growing up she wanted to be a boy because she thought that was why I got to do more things than she did...she wound up being a tomboy, so that's always sort of stuck with her. Methinks this means she'll be a great mom to their little boy. ;)

I wound up declining the Pearson job mentioned in my previous post because they wanted me to work onsite full-time. I told them to keep me in mind for future projects, but obviously right now I can't do that (especially since what they would pay me won't cover day care costs). I can't say I'm regretting not being able to work for them either though. Taking care of her is the best job I've ever had, and rewarding far beyond any paycheck.

And I guess that's about it. As promised in my last post, you can now check out all of my "Best movies of" lists for 1977-2010 here. Also, I created a list for all of my music lists with links to each music-related list I have created. Last month I made a list of my childhood TV favorites, which was pretty popular, lists ranking the films of 2 of my favorite directors, Tim Burton and Terry Gilliam, and then my most recent list is of my favorite performances in horror movies. Check out whichever of those strike your fancy.

Sorry again for the delay...I'll try to do better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment